Thursday, July 22, 2010

The other morning as I was reading the Word, I read a comforting and familiar verse.
Isaiah 26:4 Trust ye in the Lord for ever, for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:
What gripped my full attention were those small words, “ for ever” . Does my trust in the Lord have longevity? Am I willing to trust when everything is bleak and unknown? Am I willing to trust when it feels like the Lord is silent to me?

Then, it goes on to say, for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength. His everlasting strength for my life and each of my responses to life. His everlasting strength in return for my forever trust in Him.

Be confident in, be bold, secure and feel safe in the Existing One, (eternity past to eternity future) and do this with perpetuity, for ever, because, in the Eternal, Existing One, my precious Heavenly Father, Who sees me and my surrounding circumstances in totality, is an everlasting Rock to run to, and hide in.
My paraphrase.

My mind cannot wrap around this. That God would love me and stoop to comfort me, and so care for me that nothing can stand in His way of protection for me!
Once again, I must bow my head and say, Hallelujah, What a Savior!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Yes, He is faithful and worthy of trust forever. It is we that forget to trust forever-always in all things. Praise God that He is faithful and forever even when we are not.

    ReplyDelete