Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hidden things.
There are so many things that seem unanswered in our life right now. Many questions that we have put before the Lord. Moments of doubt come- and then the quiet, reassuring voice of the Master follows. "Trust Me, my child, I have everything under control."

Do I always listen? Ah,...no. Does He always forgive and refocus me? A resounding YES!
This morning, waking to a thousand demands and time limits, I went to quickly read a devotional that comes to my inbox each morning. This is verse that greeted my needy heart.

Thus saith the LORD the maker thereof, the LORD that formed it, to establish it; the LORD is his name;
Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:2 & 3


I looked up some of the words in my Strong's and the definitions "blew me away".
As a young person I was told that if the Lord says something once it is important, if He says it twice- take heed, but if He says it three times it is of utmost importance. He really wants our attention.
The word maker and formed both have very similar meanings, and the word establish so confirms the other words. He truly designs all that comes into our lives, not only designs and fashions all, but then establishes it. The word most precious to me was mighty.
This word means "hidden things".
What an encouragement to my heart to think about. He will make conspicuous (shew) great and hidden things which I know not!

Is there a heart o'er bound by sorrow?
Is there a life weighed down by care?
Come to the cross each burden bearing.
All our anxiety leave it there.


All your anxiety, all your care,
Bring to the mercy seat leave it there;
Never a burden He cannot bear,
Never a friend like Jesus.


No other friend so keen to help you,
No other friend so quick to hear.
No other place to leave your burden;
No other one to hear our prayer.


All your anxiety, all your care,
Bring to the mercy seat leave it there;
Never a burden He cannot bear,
Never a friend like Jesus.


Come then at once; delay no longer!
Heed His entreaty kind and sweet.
You need not fear a disappointment;
You shall find peace at the mercy seat.


All your anxiety, all your care,
Bring to the mercy seat leave it there;
Never a burden He cannot bear,
Never a friend like Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. What a good post. Are we living in a day when we have less security in this world, or maybe it is age. No matter the cause, we know that the Lord Jesus Christ is the only ONE we can fully trust. "Leaning on Jesus..."

    ReplyDelete