Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Truth

How much do I love the truth? Does it get in the way of comfort? Perhaps it fulfills my need to "sound right" when I verbally agree with the "truth"... When I use the word "truth", I am speaking of the Word of God. His principles of life laid out clearly, and the consequences of turning away from them.

There are people who are willing to block out truth in order to keep "comfortable".
May I ask the Lord to "search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:" Ps.139:23

In all of our lives we must face truth and make a choice about it: to accept it, (and be changed) or to reject it.

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
One precious thing about the Truth found in God's Word- when you obey truth that is shown you, you will be given more truth!
John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

The word Truth is a name of God~

John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

May the God of truth speak His truth to our hearts.

"The question isn't - were you challenged? but, were you changed?"

God's Truth Will Change Us!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't looked it up, but there is a verse that says "I desire truth in the inward parts."
    Thank you for those thoughts today.

    ReplyDelete