Thursday, February 25, 2010

Is my outlook an "uplook"?

We have so much to be thankful for!
In my little corner of the world I find it sometimes easy to focus on the "what ifs", and the "if onlys".
Jesus has an entirely different reality for me to live in. One of praise and thanksgiving for who He is!
There was a little incident in our home today that caused me to be still and think about what is truly important- a priority check!
There is nothing that can enter my day, that has not been sifted through the hands of my Heavenly Father.
I am given the choice to reject the situation as "unbearable" or accept it - along with the grace of God.
My thoughts go to so many Scriptures right now...I'll just put down a couple.

"And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work: 2 Cor. 9:8

" Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice." Phil. 4:4

If I had one of those neat little "play lists" that play music while you read a blog, I would have this song playing right now:
Rejoice in the Lord

by Ron Hamilton
God never moves without purpose or plan
When trying His servant and molding a man.
Give thanks to the LORD though your testing seems long;
In darkness He giveth a song.

I could not see through the shadows ahead;
So I looked at the cross of my Savior instead.
I bowed to the will of the Master that day;
Then peace came and tears fled away.

Now I can see testing comes from above;
God strengthens His children and purges in love.
My Father knows best, and I trust in His care;
Through purging more fruit I will bear.

O Rejoice in the LORD
He makes no mistake,
He knoweth the end of each path that I take,
For when I am tried
And purified,
I shall come forth as gold.
Source(s):
http://www.hymnlyrics.org/lyricsr/rejoic…

No comments:

Post a Comment