Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Lord's way is best!

1 Peter 3:1-2 in the Amplified
"In like manner, you married women,be submissive to your own husbands [subordinate yourselves as being secondary to and dependent on them, and adapt yourselves to them], so that even if any obey not the Word [of God],they may be won over not by discussion but by the [godly] lives of their wives,
When they observe the pure and modest way in which you conduct yourselves, together with your reverence [for your husband; you are to feel for him all that reverence includes: to respect, defer to, revere him--honor, esteem, appreciate, prize, and, in the human sense, to adore him, that is, admire, praise, be devoted to, deeply love, and enjoy your husband]."

Sometimes it helps me to look at a passage in the Amplified version. Opening my eyes to practically living out the Word of God.

What is true subjection?

SUBJECTION, n.

1. The act of subduing; the act of vanquishing and bringing under the dominion of another.

The conquest of the kingdom and the subjection of the rebels--

2. The state of being under the power, control and government of another. The safety of life, liberty, and property depends on our subjection to the laws. The isles of the West Indies are held in subjection to the powers of Europe. Our appetites and passions should be in subjection to our reason, and our will should be in entire subjection to the laws of God. Websters 1828 dictionary

This definition makes me think of Galatians 6:1 "Stand fast in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage."
What is true liberty?

Realizing that my subjection is to God, [ultimately]. In the Lord's love and wisdom, He takes my subjection to my husband and uses it to draw my husband to His own self.


May I stand, not in fear of what the outcome may be, but in awe of my Savior...and may I subject myself.


1 comment:

  1. You were up pretty early this morning. This is a very poignant post. By the grace of God we can do this. Whenever there is the desire to do otherwise, it is a temptation of the enemy. "He (Jesus) always did the things that pleased the Father." Being "single" now, I have a wonderful Husband to seek to be subject to, or be in submission to. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete