Friday, February 5, 2010

Joy comes in the morning!

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints. Psalm 116:15

He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces;…
Isaiah 25:8a

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 15:54-57

According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. Philippians 1:20

How I praise the Lord that His joy comes in the morning!
In Christ I have the hope of being reunited with those who belong to Jesus!

What a friend we have in Jesus,
all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
all because we do not carry
everything to God in prayer.

At this time in my life words cannot describe the pain of missing people that I love, nor the longing I feel to be with Jesus. However, I am rejoicing (some days that is simply a choice) in hope... hope in the Word of God that is always true,...
hope in my Savior- Who loves me and carries my burdens,...hope in the coming of Jesus Christ!

2 comments:

  1. My dear sister in Christ,
    It sounds like discouragment may be hounding your doorstep. Just this week, I was reminded of 2 Cor. 4, where Paul admits that "we are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair..." The very verse preceeding this is "But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellece of the power of God may be of God and not of us."

    I can remember your dad emphasizing that in the Christian faith/walk--the up, is down. Seems like there were some other directional portions to his quote, but he seemed to grasp a whole lot more than some of us do.

    I will pray for your encouragement.
    Love in Him, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachaelle - been trying to email you but must have the wrong address - also am missing Ruthie's for some reason so I haven't been able to get a hold of you guys! I don't want to write on your page here (other than I enjoy it) :) so can you send me your email address again and we can chat there? Thanks!! God bless! Wendy

    ReplyDelete