Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hard? Yes, but worth every effort!

Just a pretty picture from our time in Florida.
Tears came to my eyes as I read a family's blog, many times over the years it has encouraged me in my journey of motherhood. Why the tears? Like a wave crashing on the shore, it hit me- everything I so admire about these young people and their testimony, is the result of intentional parenting.
I like that word, intentional. It sounds so full of purpose and direction, like you know where you want to go and you know how to arrive!
There are many times that I scratch my head and wonder, "Now, where was I going? .
Knowing where we are going and how to get there is directly in line with what we love.
As a young person I heard a little quote countless times...in fact, if I were to look back I could probably find it already on this blog somewhere!
"It's not what you know, but what you love!" This will be our guide, that is why it's so important what we love, and Whom we love.
If I am in love with Jesus Christ and the Word of God, all else will fall into place. The "how to" will become infinetesimal.
Step by step, the Savior is waiting to lead, guide and actually go before us in every situation!
Our family is singing this Sunday night, the hymn we are going to sing has become a sort of theme song for us.
May the mind of Christ my Savior
1 May the mind of Christ, my Savior, live in me from day to day, by his love and power controlling all I do and say.
2 May the word of God dwell richly in my heart from hour to hour, so that all may see I triumph only through his power.
3 May the peace of God, my Father, rule my life in everything, that I may be calm to comfort sick and sorrowing.
4 May the love of Jesus fill me as the waters fill the sea. Him exalting, self abasing:
this is victory.
5 May we run the race before us, strong and brave to face the foe, looking only unto Jesus as we onward go.
Kate B. Wilkinson
This describes intentional living, doesn't it? This clarifies all those questions that we have as mom's, about the whys, wheres and hows!
Be encouraged today! No matter where we are today, we can move upward. Keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, holding fast to the Truth- may we love the Lord. He will take care of all results.

No comments:

Post a Comment