Sunday, January 29, 2012

Answer the call

Our theme for the new year in church is "Answer the Call"~
In the past few weeks we have heard about four people that God called in a special way. These messages have been a huge blessing to me.
The one that God used the most in my life was about Martha.


Luke 10:40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said,
Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her
therefore that she help me.
Luke 10:41 And Jesus answered and said unto her,
Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
The point was "Don't just do something, sit there!"
Will I ever really learn to CONTINUALLY "Be still and know that I am God"?
It is the prayer of my heart to trust the Lord, trust Him even when all is falling to pieces about me. To take time to sit at His feet and learn of Him, and when I am there to not be distracted by anything else. Even "good" things.
The measure of our spirituality is in direct proportion to how much time we spend with Jesus, in the Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment