Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ah, yes, a new year has begun.
Since new year resolutions and myself have never seen eye to eye, I have a new approach this year.
New Year Revolutions!!!
I am asking the Lord to give me a revolution in compassion on people.
A revolution in submission...(this is personal folks...just between my patient husband and me)
These are a couple of my heart's desire. So, just what does revolutionize mean? Glad you asked.
Taken from my favorite dictionary, Websters 1828

REVOLUTIONIZE, v.t.


1. To effect a change in the form of a political constitution; as, to revolutionize a government.

2. To effect an entire change of principles in.

The gospel, if received in truth, has revolutionized his soul.

Probably, one of the most important things in my life I ask the Lord to revolutionize is in the area of my thoughts.
II Corinthians 10:5 "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;"

Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think of these things."
How incredibly beautiful! Only the Lord could come up with such a word picture, taking captive EVERY THOUGHT, and then making a complete list of what He wants in our minds.

Can you think of anything God should revolutionize in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment