Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Is it just my imagination, or are there a LOT of really hurting people?

Nothing like "jumping right in", hmm?

Individuals

Marriages

Families

Churches

I'm sure the list could go on and on. My heart is overwhelmed with lives that are going to absolute pieces. People that I know. Individuals that have made choices that are affecting every part of their lives.

My parents told me many times, " You are your choices."

What did they mean by that? They wanted me to know that I am responsible for my own choices and the consequences of them.

Maybe I could not prevent others from hurting me, but I could choose how I was going to respond.

To be able to respond with Christ-like love to my husband, or child, or friend- in the face of being hurt, will require that I do not see myself as better than others. = pride

It will also mean that I accept what comes into my life as from the hand of the Lord.

Jesus gave us an example of reaching out to hurting people.
Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep. Rom. 12:15
May we have an answer prepared by experience to give to them that seek hope in their hurt.
Experience in walking with Jesus and responding with a gentle, quiet, Christ-like word when we are hurt.
These are just some thoughts that have been in my heart.

"Only one life, how soon it will pass, only what's done for Christ will last."

No comments:

Post a Comment