Thursday, October 28, 2010

Of things held dear from my heritage

It smells like home.

Like the home I grew up in.

Wafting

through the air

is the smell of...

PASTY !

Since my godly heritage has been on my heart,

I thought it only fitting to include this different,

but none-the-less sweet part of my heritage.

Pasty (with a short "a" sound) is a Finnish meal- a pie crust stuffed with potatoes, onions, carrots, and hamburger. Normally they are individual, hand-held pies...but with 10 children- you learn to do things on a...let's say "grander" style! By the way, this idea was also passed on to me by my sweet mama!




Ahh, the joy of knowing that your family enjoyed a meal!

One more thing... whenever my mom made pasty, there was always this little bit of pie crust left-over. Just perfect for a little sugar and cinnamon! Hungry yet?



"O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him." Psalm 34:8

I love the smell ( and taste) of home!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, that looks yummy. Are you willing to share the recipe?

    ReplyDelete